Getting ready to enrol on a learnership programme or enter the workplace. Through a skills assessment of 1 hour we identify skills gaps and compentencies that needs to be addressed. Bridging these skills gaps makes the difference between failure and success. We coach and learn you the things that no one prepares you for but expects you to know when entering the workplace.
Learnership and Workplace Bridging - Adressing the skills gap
WHY YOU SHOULD ATTEND
KEY RESONS TO ATTEND:
Many companies are reluctant to employ youth and first time entrants to the world of work because they have been found to not have the appropriate behaviour and attitude.
Many companies give first preference for employment to candidates who are referred to them through a trusted network – the traditional way of recruiting through advertising in newspapers and online is no longer as effective.
Many companies want to employ staff who are work ready and work smart.
Get started today!
Public Classes | In-house customised sessions
BOOK YOUR SEAT
Booking or email us
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
School leavers and junior staff members
- Understanding yourself in life and business – Simulation takes place through the participation in behavioural activities, reflecting on responses to realise attitude and awareness.
- Operating in a team – Simulation focuses on role plays of conflict situations, communicating to different stakeholders and using gaming tools to indicate level of teamwork.
- Effectiveness in performance – Simulation is done through a gaming environment focusing on how the delegates are doing things right the first time, managing quality and dealing with stress in the different aspects of business.
- Professional office conduct – This is simulated using case studies to design the most efficient layouts for the named business. The delegates will be coached on their designs and given a chance to improve. They are also given case studies that will teach them how to organise and run meetings from start to finish. Their communication skills are sharpened through the use of electronic messages and recorded telephone conversations. All of this takes place in an environment of continuous coaching so they can follow best practice.
- Client services – Real-life observation scenarios are simulated for the delegates and they need to make use of their gathered information to formulate best practice client service management techniques.
- Information gathering and Business language – Delegates are required to conduct research and give recommendations appropriate. This is done through technological systems and with the use of appropriate business language. They will be able to collect data, synthesize it to knowledge, apply it and therefore display learning.
- Finance skills – Delegates are simulated through picture-based environments of both personal and business finance and their performance is measured for efficiency.
- International Trade and Geography – An environment based on the physically trading goods, services and commodities used in every-day life is simulated for delegates. This is done in collaboration with the simplification of a complex trade processes in the form of a puzzle. Using world maps with a given case study, the delegates explore different routing options for their ‘clients’ and make sure deadlines within the given budget.
- Interview preparation and Personal Branding – Before receiving a simulated scheduled interview with a business expert, each delegate gets an opportunity to compile a winning CV and cover letter. They then complete a job application and go through a tough interview that will bring the very best out of them.
- Supply Chain Management – Delegates are placed in a simulated environment where they have to manage the integrative flow of a distribution channel from suppliers to the ultimate user by use of a supply chain management system. Through a series of activities that highlight the importance of forming strategic partnerships with trading partners, they will have to connect all the elements concerning planning, co-ordinating and financing of parts and goods from suppliers to customers.
Basic literacy in English & a basic understanding of numeracy (ABET Level 4)
end2end Supply Chain Academy Certificate of Attendance
Simulations and case studies
DURATION & DELIVERY
- 10 Full days | 08:00 - 15:00
- Content slide manual
DATE AND VENUE
Johannesburg | 3 Full day sessions | 08:00 – 15:00
- Available on request