The CPIM offers in-depth education for individuals in the operations management profession who wish to improve their knowledge of production and inventory management.
APICS CPIM education is essential if you are:
- This module is intended for practitioners in the manufacturing and retail industries and offers an in depth insight into the production, inventory and distribution management arena.
- It is beneficial for production managers, production planners, material/stores managers, engineers, purchasing staff, production supervision, accounting or any functional area of a manufacturing or distribution organisation intending to formalise their knowledge.
CPIM | Certitied Production and Inventory Management - 2 modules | Facilitated
WHY YOU SHOULD ATTEND
An APICS CIPM designation will help you to:
- Increase your salary - on average designees see a 10% increase
- Improve your hiring potential by 65%
- Maximize ROI on systems and technologies
- Reduce your organization's costs
- Provide more value to your organization
- Understand how to increase customer satisfaction
- Enhance your credibility among peers, employers and customers
- Increase your functional knowledge of production and inventory management
- Improve efficiency of your organisations supply chain
- Streamline operations through accurate forecasting
- Predict outcomes more accurately
- Increase profitability by optimising your organisations inventory investment
An APICS CIPM designation will help companies to:
- It establishes common terminology, processes and frameworks across the organization.
- It provides your team with the knowledge and organizational skills to strategically streamline operations.
- It promotes interaction with existing resources and ERP software to increase efficiencies.
- It improves workforce productivity, collaboration and innovation.
- It establishes consistency through best practices and organization-wide communication.
Public Classes | In-house customised sessions | Self Study | Assisted Self Study
BOOK YOUR SEAT
Booking or email us
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The CPIM has been organised into two parts modules, each focusing on key areas of study that are integral to an understanding and mastery of production and inventory management principles
The first module is intended for practitioners in the manufacturing and retail industries and offers an in depth insight into the production, inventory and distribution management arena. It is beneficial for production managers, production planners, material/stores managers, engineers, purchasing staff, production supervision, accounting or any functional area of a manufacturing or distribution organisation intending to formalise their knowledge.
CPIM offers in-depth education for individuals in the operations management profession who wish to improve their knowledge of production and inventory management.
PART 1 - Module 1: Basics of Supply Chain Management
- Introduction to Supply Chain Management
- Demand Management
- Master Planning
- Material Requirement Planning
- Capacity Management
- Inventory Management
- Execution & Control
- Physical Distribution
- Continuous Improvement
PART 2 - Module 1: Strategic Management of Resources (SMR)
- Developing the Business Strategy
- Gathering and Analyzing Internal / External Information
- Where will we compete?
- How will we compete?
- Sustainability and Strategy
- Business Planning
- Aligning the Operations Strategy
PART 2 - Module 2: Master Planning of Resources
- Demand Management
- Sales and Operations Planning
- Master Scheduling
- Distribution Planning
PART 2 - Module 3: Detailed Scheduling and Planning
- Inventory management
- Materials Requirement Planning
- Managing Projects
- Detailed Capacity Planning
- Planning Procurement and External Sources of Supply
PART 2 - Module 4: Execution and Control of Operations
- Execution of Operations
- Scheduling and Authorization
- Quality, Communication and Continuous Improvement
- Design Concepts & trade-offs
To be eligible to study the CPIM program you must have completed:
- FMOM (Fundamentals of Materials and Operations Management) or
- PPIM (Principles of Production & Inventory Management) or
- CSCP (Certified Supply Chain Professional) or
- Similar industry qualifications or experience
APICS CPIM International Certification if 2 Parts have been completed and exams passed.
Modules as follows:
- Module 1: Basics of Supply Chain Management (BSCM)
- Module 1: Strategic Management of Resources (SMR)
- Module 2: Master Planning of Resources | MPR
- Module 3: Detailed Scheduling and Planning | DSP
- Module 4: Execution and Control Operations | ECO
An APICS international examination, which assesses you by a series of multiple choice questions. The exams are Computer Based only.
All APICS certification exams will be done on demand. Students can book any date and time throughout the year to take the exam. You will only be able to schedule your exam once you have paid the examination fee and received the Authority to Test (ATT) email from APICS.
The exam scores are based on scaled scores. Time allowed to complete the CPIM exam is 3 hours for each exam. There will be an exam for Part 1 and Part 2.
Once the student has an ATT they can make their appointment to write the examination at any of the Pearson VUE test centre locations around the country.
Examinations are CBT (Computer Based Testing) and bookings need to be made and paid at least 2 weeks prior to the planned exam date.
All prices are exclusive of VAT.
DURATION & DELIVERY
- Face to face facilitation hours for Part 1 and 2 as follows:
- 9 and 10 weeks | 3 hours per week
- Included in course fee:
- Online access to practice Q & A end Exam Content Manual
- Participant Guide
- Lecture fees
- APICS Directory – 13th Edition (BCM only)
- SELF STUDY:
- Exam content manual and online resources with practice tests
OTHER COURSES YOU MAY BE INTERESTED
CSCP | Certified Supply Chain Professional | APICS
DDL | Demand Driven Leader | DDI
DDP | Demand Driven Planner | DDI
Strategic Supply Chain Management
DATE AND VENUE
Contact us for more details
BROCHURE AND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Please note that Course Fee is based on SAPICS Membership fees
Recommended optional Study Materials:
- APICS Dictionary: SAPICS Member - R 450 or SAPICS Non-Members R 550
Please note that all fees quoted are excluding VAT.